Thursday, July 3, 2008

Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad


Let's face it, in the summer if I don't have to turn on my stove or oven, I'm a happy girl. So we eat a lot of yummy salads and BBQ! Here is a recipe for Oriental Chicken Salad that tastes very similar to Applebees, yummy!

Romaine Lettuce
Mandarin Oranges
Sugar toasted almonds
Crunchy Asian Noodles
Red Cabbage (we don't usually do this one)
Diced chicken breasts

Dressing:
3 T. honey
4 tsp. mayo
1/2 t. dark roasted sesame oil (this makes the salad, can be found at Walmart in the Oriental aisle, but it's just called sesame seed oil, not dark roasted....anyways....)
1 T. dijon mustard (we used normal yellow mustard and it tasted fine)
1 1/2 T white vinegar

-in a small bowl mix, chill, makes enough for 2 salads.

-I usually grill or saute my chicken in a little bit of the sesame seed oil for the extra taste, then basically construct your little salad on your own little plate with as much or as little salad toppings as you want, then pour dressing over and enjoy! So good!

1 comment:

Chelsea and Cody said...

This is the only thing that I EVER get at Applebees! And I love it! I am so excited to give it a try...you're the best!