Sunday, August 3, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everyone has their favorite "fall back" chocolate chip cookies, at least if you are a Winterholler you do, and everyone likes theirs for one reason or another. But, I haven't contributed to this blog and I have promised Chelsea I would. I wish I could sit and blog all day long, but with two young boys it is just not possible. I believe what I like best about these cookies is they have a "different", but good flavor and they are crunchy on the outside but soft in the center. Enough said, lets get to the cookies!

Double batch, CHOC. CHIP COOKIES

4 Eggs
2 Cups Crisco
1 ½ Cup Sugar
1 ½ Brown Sugar
4 ¼ - 4 ½ Cup Flour
2 tsp Salt
3 tsp Baking Soda
Usually I add 2 tsp vanilla but I have tried it without as the original recipe does not call for it and like them that way also.
3 Cups chocolate chips (plus or minus depending on how much chocolate you like)

Preheat oven to 375. Cream together Crisco and sugars, add eggs one at a time. Next add dry ingredients into mixture, add flour one cup at a time. Add chocolate chips. Spoon dough into balls. I have used the Pampered Chef cookies scoop (works great) or I make small balls. Bake 7-8 min. Serve warm, eat the dough, or freeze cookies and eat cold… any way you eat them they are great!

This makes about 130 silver dollar size cookies. I make them smaller intentionally so when I eat a dozen I don't feel quite as guilty. Ü We distribute to neighbors and freeze the remaining cookies. They are gone within two weeks. The picture is of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as I alternate between the two recipes.

1 comment:

Chelsea and Cody said...

you made my mouth water! Those look so yummy. Cody was excited to see this recipe on here too, he was like, "YEAH! That's how I like 'em...crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside!" It was halarious. Keep them coming!